Friday, January 10, 2014

I'm soooo full of emotion.......

I am sooooo full of emotion right now....

That's the phrase I keep repeating. Often enough that it was recommended that I start a blog to let out some of these feelings.

I am no writer.  The most I've written, other than informative papers for the various undergrad and grad classes I have taken, are long FaceBook status messages.  So then, who am I? I am a wife, daughter, aunt, great-aunt, friend, Social Media addict, Assessment/Curriculum Coordinator for a school district, sports lover and lastly---a baseball mom :)  It is the baseball mom in me that provided the push to start a blog.

I have one son....my joy, my life, my world.  He started throwing a baseball at an early age and never stopped.  He's 17, a senior in high school and has one foot out the door heading to college.  That's where the emotion comes in.  I have watched this kid--my kid-- play baseball on a team since he was 4 years old.  Not only did I watch but I've participated by being a team mom, base coach, bench coach, scorekeeper, league coordinator, tournament organizer and even did some field maintenance.  I've thrown BP to him and any other boy who needed some extra swings.  I've played catch in weather ranging from 90 to 35 degrees.  I've squatted in some unladylike positions to catch for him so he could get some pitching practice in during off days.  And of course I've done the usual baseball mom jobs such as purchase enough Gatorade and sunflower seeds to take care of a Third World Country, hand scrub white baseball pants, kept a score book, took pictures, sat in the rain, and cheered louder than what I probably should have.  I take pride in the fact that in the 13 years he has played, I have never missed a game, inning or pitch :)  I am proud to say that my son will play baseball at a D3 school about 60 miles from where we live.  Close enough, but far enough......

If you are a parent, especially a baseball mom, you might see already where all my emotion is coming from. Just dealing with a Senior is hard enough....add that he is an only child and I think the dynamic changes slightly.  Instead of seeing my doctor and getting a prescription for some soothing-type drugs, I chose to blog.

Sit back and hold on...because you never know which emotion you might see on any given day :)

1 comment: