Monday, August 24, 2015

The Last Inning Whether I'm Ready or Not.....

Eventually the time comes when you have to call the last strike in the last inning to end the game.  In other words, the time comes for your son's baseball journey to end.  Often times, the decision is a difficult one for your son and quite possibly for you as a parent.  

That's where I am.  Tyler decided not to play baseball at La Roche College anymore.  As hard as this is on me, I can't imagine what he went through to make that decision.  

Like any good parent, I will be supportive but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss the sound of a well thrown pitch hitting the catcher's mitt, the thrill of seeing him strike out a batter, the opportunity to express my discontent with the umpire's ruling.  And what a waste of talent it is that I no longer get to bust out my well-honed infield dirt removal skills.  




Little did I know when I took this picture that it would be his last pitch.......






.....that this would be the last time he walked off the field as a player....







So, I'm sure there is life after being a baseball mom.  I'm certain I can take up a hobby such as yodeling or soap carving but the truth is that I love baseball and I loved watching my son play more than anything in this world. But for now, I'll just pack up my gear, wipe my tears and thank God for giving Tyler the talent to play as long as he did.  





Thank you, Tyler! It's been one helluva ride!  I love you and couldn't be more proud of you than I am right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment