Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Back to Reality....and Re-Training My Bladder

To most of you today is simply August 19th.  To me it is the last day of summer vacation....the last day for long naps during the day....for not knowing or caring what day it is.....for being lazy....for no makeup...for peeing whenever I needed to....

As I sit here and watch Cali and Wrigley play, I realize that I've wasted an entire summer doing nothing!  

I didn't go to the beach
     I didn't work on my tan
          I didn't lose the Freshman 15 that I gained while Tyler was a Freshman
               I didn't go to the mall 
                    I often didn't know what day it was
                         I didn't get monthly pedicures
                              I didn't go out to dinner
                                   I didn't hang out at my mom's pool
                                        I didn't buy any new clothes or shoes!

Now summer is over.  So much for doing great things this summer! So now I'm kinda kicking myself for wasting so much time.  What did I do ALL summer? 

Let's see....well, I vacuumed A LOT.  Between Wrigley and Cali and burgundy carpet, it was hard to keep up.

I took an online grad class  
     I watched 99% of the Pirate games on TV
          I took a lot of pictures of Tyler playing baseball
               I ventured out to take some pictures in Pittsburgh and McConnell's Mill
                    I spent time with some of my favorite little humans
                         I went to a few Pirate games
                               I watched Tyler play baseball....
                                                    .....quite possibly for the last time  

I did a lot of self-reflecting about my life and my attitude
     I worked on being a more positive person
           I spent time thinking about what I need to do to be a stronger person
                      ..... mentally and emotionally
                 I spent time with Tyler
                      I reflected on what I need to do to be a better mom to a young adult child
                            I practiced being a better mom to a young adult child

I sat back and watched my son make adult decisions without interfering
     I bit my lip when I didn't agree with a couple of his decisions
          I cried alone in the bathroom over the pain my son is feeling in his heart 
               I cried alone over the pain my son is feeling over baseball....
                                        ..on that same day I also contemplated causing 
                                                 ....bodily harm to the person causing his pain

So tomorrow I'll go to school without an amazing tan, without a great vacation story to tell, and wearing my old shoes.  However, I will be more positive person, a stronger person mentally and emotionally, and I will know what day of the week  it is!
               
   
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment