Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What's In Your Bag?


Tomorrow is the first game of Tyler’s last year of high school baseball.  Wait for it….wait for it….

I’m sooooo full of emotion!

I spent some time this evening getting my baseball mom bag ready for the season.  I’m not sure about the rest of you, but my baseball mom bag is a big part of who I am.  The style of bag has changed through the years, but most of the items have remained constant. 

 So, what's in my bag?  Below are the things that will travel with me to Tyler’s games this season:

Rain poncho and small umbrella.  These are for those unexpected pop-up type showers.  The big golf-size umbrellas are in the car. 

Towels.  For wiping dirty hands, face, spikes, baseballs…anything and everything.



Gloves and scarf.  It is spring in Western Pa! You never know what weather you will get.

Gloves for Tyler.  He's never used them, but I have them...just...in....case!


 Pitch counter.  I never leave home without this!  I keep pitch count on here and in the score book.
Camera.  I’m kinda embarrassed by how many pictures I end up with at the end of the season.  I have 100s of Tyler and his friends.  To make it worse, I take numerous pictures on my iPhone too!

Score books.  I always have two!  I take that back, not always.  I don’t keep a book during the high school games so I leave them at home. These are for summer games.

Notepad and pencil.  Not just ANY pencil.  I’m very, very picky with my scoring pencils.

Sunglasses.  I keep this spare pair in my baseball mom bag.  Again, Western Pa. weather so you never know what to expect.

Readers.  In case I forget mine in the car and need to read a text.  I just keep these in my bag.

Essentials!  Wipes, hairspray, deodorant, and Gold Bond Powder.  I think no explanation is needed for these items, right?

Miscellaneous items.  I fit all of these items in a little cosmetic bag.  I have contact solution, tape, pre-wrap, cough drops, safety pins, hand sanitizer, back-up pitch counter, oversized band aids, mirror, hair clip, hair band, Neosporin, ibuprofen, Axe body spray, eye black and Chapstick. 

Necessities.  Gum, seeds and Tic-Tacs.  I will throw in the Gatorade tomorrow right before the game. 

Hand warmers. These are a life saver for a pitcher!
 


I keep blankets, sweatshirts, toilet paper (true story) and a first aid kit in my trunk.  Even with all of that, I still often times feel like I'm forgetting something.  

I feel like I don’t have my A-game on yet!  As much as I’ve anticipated the start of the season, I’m not ready!  But come tomorrow at 4:00, I'll be ready!  Tyler will be the starting pitcher and I intend to have my spot up on the fence, camera in hand, ready to take a picture of the first pitch of his senior year.  

Play Ball!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment